Folk Songs, Folk Music, Folk Dance
If you are in a group of folklore singers, musicians and/or dancers who want to be seen by other similar groups in the world around the world, then you’ll want to know about the World Cup of Folklore. Held May 24-28 this year in Jesolo Venice, this four-day event is a marathon of activity.
- Folklore songs groups, authentic folklore (choirs and ensembles)
- Folklore songs groups, modern arrangement of folklore music; - (choirs and ensembles)
- Folklore dances groups, authentic folklore; (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
- Folklore dances groups; modern choreography (folklore dance groups, ensembles)
- Folklore mix ensembles - Authentic performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
- Folklore mix ensembles - Processed performances; (live vocal, instrumental and dance)
The organization also sponsors two other festivals in Italy: VII International Spring Festival at Garda Lake and the International Festival for Folklore and Contemporary arts (Le spiagge d'Italia).
Other organizers include Cultural Association (Cultura in movimento), the Municipality of Jesolo and the European Association of Folklore Festivals.
The three-member jury will award First Place Awards and Diplomas for each category as well as gold, silver and bronze medals. The best performers will also receive production of a video clip. Award winners also receive a copy of their performances which have been taped for broadcast on television throughout Europe.
In order to show off your program which won’t exceed 10 minutes in length, register now. For more details, click here.